Mama ‘Out of Africa’
‘“Africa has her mysteries, and even a wise man cannot understand them.
But a wise man respects them.”
— Miriam Makeba
Your Out of Africa Dream
on the Banks of the magnificent Zambezi River
The Mama Out of Africa set amongst Riverine Trees. Right on the river’s edge, when the river is high you can fish from your deck..
The Mama Out of Africa was once a mobile dressing room for Out of Africa film cast– the romantic, academy award-winning film starring Meryl Streep and Robert Redford. For quite some time it was a
mobile safari vehicle exploring the best wildlife parks in Africa.
Immersive, Romantic and Serene
Very often a parade of elephants and buffalo herds come to graze and drink across the river and hippos are seen wallowing in the water. Hyenas and hippos can be heard during the night and from time to time a lion may interrupt your slumber with its call. A symphony set to make you feel part of the African Bush.
The Mama Out of Africa Gallery
What you can expect on the Zambezi River while staying at The Mama Out of Africa.
Wild Side Tours
Boat on the River
Other Activities at Kayube Estate
Accomodation + Amenities
Self-catering accommodation that sleeps 4 to 6 adults.
The structure was rebuilt a couple of times and many will still know the rustic Mama under thatch.
The original Mama is now a comfortable, well-equipped kitchen on one side and an en-suite bedroom on the other side.
A second story has been added with two small bedrooms and the structure is now completely closed in.
Services and Facilities
- Swimming pool area for all guests
- WiFi Internet connection through a mobile router.
- Air conditioning
- 4 Burner gas stove with oven
- Double electric cooking plates
- Kettle, toaster and microwave oven
- Cutlery, crockery and other utensils
- Cosy kitchen dining corner
- Spacious lounge with dining area and comfortable seating
- Veranda and braai/BBQ area
- En-suite bedroom with queen bed
- Spacious bathroom for the two bedrooms upstairs with shower, toilet, washing basin and washing sink
- One bedroom with twin beds
- One bedroom with a king-size bed and great river views
Self-Catering Unit for 2
US$ 233.45 per night
Please Note: Minimum stay of 3 nights.
Copyright Kayube Estate. All Rights Reserved.